View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
It is one report and based on several hours of reading. It flies in the face of studies that are based on long term use, and on sleep studies that note that an active display interferes with the body's circadian rhythm. In my case, my sleep patterns had a near miraculous improvement once I stopped using any device - TV, computer, tablet - for a couple of hours before sleep. As someone who had a decade of insomnia and a diagnosis of narcolepsy I was very happy to learn the cause. There are currently a huge number of studies devoted to sleep disorders among young children that point toward use of tablets, computers and phones.

Nope, I will take no notice of a single, not very well considered study that is unsupported by peer studies.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote