View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Knocka
Knocka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Library Disappearing

I am using calibre on a Mac (Leopard). I added about 7 books to the Library using Add Books. They were in html format. Calibre created folders for each one in the Folder I specified in Preferences. The files were created as .zip files. I then changed the Author and Title Fields right in the main window. I also, in Metadata, added a Series and Book #. Finally, I hit Bulk Convert with Mobi as the output format. Calibre then created a new file in each folder with the .mobi file (along with the .zip file, which stayed where it was).

I then tried Quitting Calibre and re-opening it. However, when I re-open Calibre, no books are displayed and it says Library 0 Books in the space to the left of the large Heart icon. But, all of the sub-folders and files that Calibre created when I first added the books to the library (including the .mobi file) are still in place.

How do I get the library to be retained in Calibre? If I use the Add Books option again, Calibre creates duplicates. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks.
Knocka is offline   Reply With Quote