View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I was interested in the Aura 6" because it's on sale for less than the Glo at the moment(!) and I believe the light can be turned down lower. I have sensitive eyes and this is a big deal for me. I might get a Glo at some point, and use the night-view mode with the light.
For me the night mode doesn't make it darker, because the light (coming from the side) turns Black to Gray.
I use night mode all the time with my phone, but it has an AMOLED screen, and Black is Black.

There are two hardware versions of Kobo Glo.
The serial on the box is 613Axxxxxxxx for the older and 613Bxxxxxxxx for the newer one.
They have a different hue of white, and the newer can turn the light lower.

There is also a hardware hack that someone can do if s/he has some experience.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote