View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
wintertrader
wintertrader began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle3
Kindle 3 battery replacement

I read I think on Amazon kindle reviews that when you send in your Kindle 3 for battery replacement , they won't send you back your own unit but a different one.
Does someone know if it is true ?
I asked the question a few days ago from Amazon CS and this is the response I got. I felt that they have not responded to my question so i did a follow up on that to get a precise answer.

AMAZON answer:
"Hello,

We learned from the first generation Kindle that changing the battery was rarely needed, so Kindle's battery is not replaceable by users. And our kindle 2nd and 3rd generations comes with an inbuilt battery which can't be removed separately from the device.

If you face any problem with the Kindle battery, we ask you to return the defective Kindle so that we would send you a new Kindle of the same model.

Kindle comes with a One-Year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under ordinary use.

You can read the full text about Kindle's warranty here:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlewarranty

I hope this helps. We hope to see you again soon.
..."

Last edited by wintertrader; 09-04-2010 at 02:02 PM.
wintertrader is offline   Reply With Quote