View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Amazon's aggressive anti-jailbreaking counter-measures (with each major firmware update) is growing a little tiresome. Why try so hard to prevent someone from voiding their warranty?
Its a support nightmare if Amazon allow it as they've no idea what you've done to your Kindle. If a later update breaks the Kindle because of the changes then people will blame Amazon even if it isn't their fault.

You can't even guarantee that the Kindle owner knows its been hacked as a friend or family member may have done it for them and they won't know what was done.

I'm just saying that I understand why Amazon are doing it. I would of course prefer if they didn't though.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote