View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 AM   #36
kfarmer
Gizzzzmo Nerd
kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNYC646 View Post
I tried to boot in safe mood and run the installer, and I get the following message:
'The Windows Installer service is not accessible in Safe Mode. Please try again when your computer is not in Safe Mode or you can use System Restore to return your machine to a previous good state.'

So in the end, I have moved nowhere.

How utterly frustrating. I wonder how the nook works, hmmmm.
The Windows Installer service isn't one of the blessed services in safe mode. However, you *can* modify the registry to add it.

FWIW, doing this didn't resolve my situation.
kfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote