View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #35
kfarmer
Gizzzzmo Nerd
kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But what is it about your computer that's different then say the two desktops and the one laptop we have here? The laptop and one desktop are running Windows 7 (Home Premium and Ultimate) and the other desktop is running XP Pro. Also, my mother's laptop is running eBook Library just fine. Not sure if it's been upgraded to Reader Library yet. Her laptop has XP Home on it.
My tablet ran it (Win7 Ultimate x86) no problem -- but that was a clean install of the software (it had never been installed, so really clean). Interestingly, we did some snooping on the process state, and it appears to be waiting for the mutex for fsk to be released -- which never happens. A deadlock would in fact explain the sort of behavior we've seen, some of the time. Unfortunately, there's no way I know of at this point to correct the situation short of flattenning an otherwise sound machine (my reliability score was around 8-10 -- pegged at 10 much of the time -- until this started happenning).

This truly bites. And for what? A name change on a website?
kfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote