View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 07:49 AM   #4317
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It's time for my end of the month wrap-up.

I bought two wishlist books in July, both using Google promotional credit, and spent $5 cash. My YTD total is 15 books for a cash outlay of $19.25. This is easy! Why didn't I do this years ago?

For comparison's purpose, at this time last year I had bought 46 books for $132. I'll also note a net TBR reduction of 18, including WIP. OD, PD and audio help keep this number flat; I won't be running out of books to read any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
When there's a book I want to buy, I now tend to just add it to my list at ereaderiq.com, and wait for it appear in a special offer.

But I now have 154 books listed there. And the list just keeps growing. I suspect that in a year or three, the list will be so big that I'll probably get an notification every day. Adding to the list might only be a short-term solution to not buying too many ebooks. We shall see.
FWIW, I keep an upper limit on the number of books allowed on my Amazon wishlist. I go through it regularly and jettison books that no longer seem as appealing or that I realize I'll never quite feel like reading.

As with anything, once the number gets out of hand the utility drops precipitously. This is just me, of course.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote