View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 01:37 AM   #15
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Huh?

Right about what? What's changed between July 27th when you started this thread and today?

By July 27th, it had already been months since Snowden leaked the info on the NSA. He had already been on the run for a long time. Maybe you live such a cocooned life free of electronic news and communications that you are just learning about Snowden today?

And, no, the NSA is not gathering everything about you. For the most part, for most Americans, you are of no interest to them. They only snoop on a limited range of data communications for very targeted purposes (drug trafficking; terrorism).

--Pat

The public learned the actual extend of the programs by now and then. On the other hand I already knew this for years and was "trying" to live with integrity without turning myself into a data mining whore. The reason I posted after the leaks was to see if people paid attention to such issues.

I think that you are not getting the point of what Nsa or others are trying to do. I advise you to watch some of the recent EU Nsa hearings which you can find on online video places, where the actual people who worked on these programs or witnesses whosaw the actual abuses will tell you what is really going on. As an average Joe you have no idea about what you are talking about, how can you know what you are talking about if you are just an average person? Most of these programs are very secret and you are not supposed to know about them, therefor comments from someone like you has no weight I am sorry to say that because by nature, you(I do not mean you directly, but people who think that they can form proper ideas abotu such isssues) are a decent human being trying to get by in life. What they can monitor and cannot is most likely is beyond your imagination and technical skills, I have some technical skills therefor I can somewhat grasp what is going on which helps along the way. If you areally want to understand what they are doing you have to study computer sciences, cryptography etc not public law, or social sciences. What is going on and what they can do with the data is basically like a film strip of you without you being actively playing backward, in some cases they can extrapolate. I also recommend you to watch some of the videos of the Re Jim Sensenbrenner of WI who was one of the first architects of that legislature. He is now in shock an awe to see that what they envisioned then is not what these cowboys are up to with those laws.

Anyway I doubt that you have more information than Jim Sensenbrenner, or Senator Wyden, or Greenwald etc. I say please open up and listen them more closely.

And here is an article that should take care about the concerns about B&N data collection.

"Anonymized data really isn’t—and here’s why not"
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...bases-of-ruin/

I do not want to accuse B&N since I have no direct data about their involvement, but most likely they are in the Nsa`s address book to contact. So separating B&N from the nsa topic is really so possible considering that Nsa blackmailed all the big corporations that can provide some kind of user data this way ot that way. Hey even some of them made good chunk of money afterall.

On the other hand calling me paranoid at this point after all those leaks/revelations is childish at best. If I am paranoid then most of the world is paranoid at this point. There are only handful of non paranoid people left, like most of the Obama cabinet and probably some people like you

Last edited by khahoon; 10-11-2013 at 01:47 AM.
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote