View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
What do you think about the privacy B&N policy regarding Nook(s)

Hi

I read the privacy policy when i got my Nook HD. To me it felt like my device was as good tracking device as it can ever get. It sounds like BN tracks you in and out all the way in the name of product statistics/ metrics etc. So I rooted it, disabled internet, added firewall etc etc. Not that I have anything to hide, but I find that these creeping practices by big corps and goverments to be incredibly invasive against individual`s right and human condition.

I persoanly feel like there has to be a limit of what they can/should track. As of now anything can be a reasonable argument for corporate business practices, or goverment practices. They can claim all the metadata/anon stats are used to imrove the system/products/social justice/security etc.

In any case I am curious what other fellow users think about it. And maybe this conversation cna help those who have not read those privacy policies.

I am also aware that "everyone else is doing it" and " this has been going for a long time".

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote