View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just part of the transition from big houses to many smaller independent publishers. It will be painful for many, no doubt. I do agree with the article that many "professional" authors may be hurt but I think what we're seeing is a shift in what that term means.

Many more people will be able to break into publishing who could not before. I think what we may see is a growing pie (book sales) divided into many more fragments. As someone who went from 0% to a small slice of that pie, I'm not complaining.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote