View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 01:54 AM   #10
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Why do that when you can buy devices that don't require the run a round?
Unfortunately, even big giant Sony has no support for their e-readers here in Singapore. Most people here shipped their e-readers from overseas through third-parties because Amazon does not ship direct (not for Kindle, and I believe not for Sony as well); B&N does not ship direct. Possibly the only ones are Kobo and Pocketbook, but even so, still no local support.

So yes, support was initially less important than the features of the e-reader. With all the restrictions and trouble, the features suddenly become more important than whether I can get it repaired locally or not.

To be honest, e-readers are not that expensive. It hardly makes a dent in my spending, and usually people who want such a niche product would look more for features anyway.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote