View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #70
vitalichka
Enthusiast
vitalichka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I've seen this thread several times while looking to workout the duplicate issue.
Then was again led here by kiwidude and dwanthny a little while ago.
I've read much of what everyone has posted here and from what I gather there seems to be no real way of fighting duplicates once all of the books have been added.
Am I understanding this right? Outside of manually going through everything yourself which in my case would be impossible.
The other issue in my case is that I had the auto merge setting off for 80% or more of the time and towards the end of the adding process turned it on as per the suggestions of the two guys above.
So this sort of complicates things eve more.

Also does anyone know if there is a way to have Calibre work with titles in a better way? As in, currently there is the option of gathering based on meta data and file name.

Some of my files have meta and other don't and some would be better with the file name, since they don't contain any meta data but the file name is clear so right now it seems like in some cases simple windows search would do the trick better but since I don't want two copies of the library (large) I am stuck. If this makes sense.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by vitalichka; 02-09-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: some minor changes to clear things up
vitalichka is offline   Reply With Quote