View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #68
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I hadn't thought much about single books in multiple duplicate sets. I had been thinking about how can I show only books that are a member of a duplicate set (that's easy by excluding books that don't have an entry) and show all books at once that are a member of any dupe set, with each book sitting side by side with all the other members of its duplicate set. That's harder - particularly where multiple dupe sets are considered.
It is impossible for books in multiple sets
Quote:
If you show all books at once, some kind of divider is needed showing where each dupe set ends and the next starts. In working with my personal duplicate testing I found myself with lots of dupe sets, and having to do lots of searches - one for each group. It was a pain. Perhaps a quick key could be assigned to "show members of next duplicate set" but trying to actually type a new search for each new duplicate set would get repetitive. I suppose you're thinking of doing this via the tag browser, which I seldom use.
There clearly has to be a plugin involved here. I am assuming that books are viewed on the library view, rather than reinventing another view in the plugin. I see no reason why the plugin cannot handle the 'show members of next duplicate set' through a context menu entry or through a keyboard shortcut. It would remember the last one it looked at, get the next one (easy if they are numbers), and do the search for you. You can use the highlight option if you want to see them in a larger context, or turn highlight off to see only that set.

Last edited by chaley; 02-09-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typos
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote