View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #67
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
No. It is populated with duplicate set names. I think these are the same as what you are calling group numbers.
Got it. So the "duplicate set names" would be be auto generated (they are numerical names?) and the is_multiple is because the book can be in multiple "duplicate set names."

Quote:
given that a book can be in multiple sets, I am not sure about the odd/even highlighting. I think that searching for a dup set and then sorting how you want is the way to go.
I hadn't thought much about single books in multiple duplicate sets. I had been thinking about how can I show only books that are a member of a duplicate set (that's easy by excluding books that don't have an entry) and show all books at once that are a member of any dupe set, with each book sitting side by side with all the other members of its duplicate set. That's harder - particularly where multiple dupe sets are considered.

If you show all books at once, some kind of divider is needed showing where each dupe set ends and the next starts. In working with my personal duplicate testing I found myself with lots of dupe sets, and having to do lots of searches - one for each group. It was a pain. Perhaps a quick key could be assigned to "show members of next duplicate set" but trying to actually type a new search for each new duplicate set would get repetitive. I suppose you're thinking of doing this via the tag browser, which I seldom use.

Quote:
I am proposing that the user tell us that two (or more) books are not duplicates. This means that regardless of what any test says, these two books should never be in the same duplicate group. I don't see a case where a user would say that the books are not duplicates, but later decide on the results of some other test that they are.
Right. They can later be in duplicate sets with other books, but never in a set with the same book previously considered.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote