View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #64
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Kiwidude mentioned an email I sent him on this issue where I suggested using a custom column.
I wonder if I've understood it correctly. The custom column would be is_multiple and populated with book id's of potential duplicates? Presumably each book in the set of potential dupes would have the same content in that column, in the same order, and books with no potential dupes would have nothing in that column? Highlighting would/could be used to highlight all members of a single dupe set? Since the column would be populated in known order, sorting by that column would put all dupes together?

That's very similar to my idea, except, I had in mind assigning a number for each dupe set, then highlighting odd numbered sets so that when sorted by the dupe set number, all members would be together for all dupe sets, and the highlighting would identify all dupe sets (the first set would be highlighted, the second even numbered set would not, the third odd numbered set would be highlighted, etc.)

I wasn't sure of the best way to avoid repeat false positives. Simply removing a book from any future dupe groups has problems. You might want to prevent a book from appearing in one test because it was truly a false positive, but later want to run another type of dupe test that might truly find it as a dupe of some other book in this different test mode. You might add another book later that does match a book that was previously marked as a false positive.

As usual - those are just random thoughts.

I guess Kiwidude has his work cut out for him
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote