View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #221
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student1 View Post
Hi guys,

starting some massive conversion for pdf to lrf and wondering if these settings are the best that can be done to get good quality and more important as close as possible to full page on my prs 505. Here are the settings i ve been using (using command line as i batch it all for 300+ books so this takes weeks on 2 computers)

set LOC=C:\Program Files (x86)\PDFRead
set OPT=-p prs505-p -i pdf -c "Mythology" -f "lrf" -m "portrait-full" -r "none" --no-dilate --dpi "600" --colorspace "rgb" --colors "256" --optimize

let me know what you guys think and if i should change something, decided to keep color as new reader will be coming with color.

thanks!

I think you would benefit from the dilation (i.e. don't use --no-dilate) that PDFRead does especially if you get the update in post #1 of this thread in the file 'pdfread-MinFilter5-mod-bin.zip' and use 600 DPI.

The dilation bolds the text so that any reduction in size from it's original dimensions, say, 3000x4000 down to 520x640 can still retain some thickness of the original text.

Just experiment on a small page range like --first-page "31" --last-page "31" to see which setup you prefer.

The 'optimize .PNGs' will help with the resulting filesize without too much of a processing hit.

See these sample conversions of page 31 of a Archive.org (merryadventureso00pyle2.pdf) scanned book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	merryadventureso00pyle2-no-dilation.png
Views:	554
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	26117   Click image for larger version

Name:	merryadventureso00pyle2-with-dilation.png
Views:	543
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	26119   Click image for larger version

Name:	merryadventureso00pyle2-with-dilation-optimized png.png
Views:	529
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	26121  
Attached Files
File Type: lrf merryadventureso00pyle2-no-dilation.lrf (201.5 KB, 405 views)
File Type: lrf merryadventureso00pyle2-with-dilation.lrf (182.2 KB, 431 views)
File Type: lrf merryadventureso00pyle2-with-dilation-optimized png.lrf (178.7 KB, 497 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote