View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Pretty much.
Wizards of the Coast are the current owners of the Dungeons and Dragons franchise.
What they have are a series of shared world franchises that their authors write stories in. These are Eberron, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Dark Sun, etc.

While I'm not a big gamer, I do enjoy and appreciate the amount of world building that goes into designing these lands. So, in essence what I was hoping to do was find some like minded people out here who would be interested in exploring the process of creating a shared world to write in.

It's pretty much a sandbox to play in. If built from the ground up it could be neat.

It's another idea that I've been tossing around in my head. Doing it as creative commons would open it up to the rest of the world to expand upon in whatever way they'd like.

Sure, I know a lot of writers can be a bit stubborn. The mere thought of doing it as creative commons would probably turn off a lot of people. Especially after spending lots of time to do it for free and let other people do what they want within. And to not expect a dime for their hard work.

But, it sure would have been fun.

Oh well.

Last edited by jaxx6166; 01-20-2010 at 08:14 PM.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote