View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #14
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbloom View Post
But ardeegee, this is exactly what I am driving at: we need more studies, and we need more research, with citations. And let me be wrong. I want to be wrong. Sure. I don't mind be wrong on this.
You do not seem to understand my point-- you can't simply assert something for which there is no evidence and then demand that people do research on it. I could assert that ebooks cause hair to grow in alpaca but that does not mean that scientist should drop everything that they are doing, head down to Peru, and start rubbing kindles on camelids.

Quote:
And get this: TIME and NEWSWEEK magazines are now planning a major cover story on all this, from a neuroscience point of view, not from a gadgethead
I'm not talking about this from a "gadgethead" point of view and I take your use of the term as an attempt to cheapen my opinion. I say this from a reader point of view-- someone who has been reading for my entire life (okay, less the first few years) has read more books than I could start to estimate, and who has read hundreds-- yes hundreds-- of books on a PDA before getting a Sony Reader. And I say that, when you are into the material, the medium doesn't matter.

Quote:
Stay tuned. Stay very tuned.
Oh, I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat with baited breath and bells on.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote