View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #8
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Привиет Лариса,

I read books in Russian on my Cybook and My Sony 505. The Cybook is easy to put in the font you want and you can read it. On the Sony 505 you have to put it iinto PDF format before you put it on the reader with Open Office for example.

They both have a good screen. The Sony is better ergonomically. However, I find the Cybook more versatile with fontsizes (12) and font Families(about 15 you can put on the reader at one time).

hidari

Quote:
Originally Posted by larisa0001 View Post
I realize that it may be better manners to start my own thread rather than hijack someone else's; so here goes.

I have a ton of public-domain e-books, mostly in .txt format. About half of them are in Russian, so one of my basic requirements for a reader is that it should be able to display Cyrillic text. I'm not really interested in DRM'd e-books, because I got burned on that once already; I've got a whole bunch of PalmReader-formatted books (*.pdb, encrypted with my credit-card number) that I cannot read on any other device. But if any of the existing e-readers can read encrypted *.pdb files, I'd prefer those.

Can some of the experts here recommend an e-reader? Based on my own cursory research thus far, I like the BeBook the best - but I'm not sure I fully know what I'm talking about.