View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 06:31 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Next Sony Reader in color and with moving pictures

The Telegraph has a concise summary of current trends and challenges in the e-publishing industry. Summing it up:
  • Sony faces competition from iRex
  • Some argue that e-books fall short when compared to the sensory pleasures of a hardback ("velvety feel of their gently flickering pages beneath your fingertips")
  • Revolution in publishing could turn upcoming readers into "iPods for book-lovers"
  • Sony Reader is a "physical let-down" when compared to real paper
  • Color, moving images, annotations will come in the next development, says Sony
  • High price of the reader, plus the price of buying e-books, and DRM restrictions could lead e-publishing into another flop
  • Mobile phones used successfully in Japan to market electronic manga literature
  • Tachistoscopic reading: single words are flashed at a time which is supposed to improve human memory (I tried that once on my PDA and it gave me a splitting headache).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote