View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #34
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Aura is using the same firmware as the rest of the devices. In fact, 2.8.1 has code in it for the Aura, and I think 2.7.1 did as well. I don't know what the factory installed version will be, but there should be another version downloaded when they are being set up. My guess is that it will be 2.9.0 or 2.9.1. And that should be what the other devices will receive.

The fix for the long paragraph bug breaks some of the paragraph handling. And the WiFi insomnia is not a bug. The WiFi is deliberately put to sleep when not actually needed to save battery power.

I like the current firmware. There are bugs, but none affect my reading much. The bugs I notice the most are to do with the annotations list. Annoying if I mark up a lot of errors in a book, but not unworkable.
Thanks for clarifying the wi-fi insomnia thing; I could never quite wrap my head around what it was. I did find other problems arose from the long paragraph hack as well, so while it does fix one bug it creates others. But that's expected, Metazoa is still just hacking the binary.

I was curious the Aura would debut the 3.0.x firmware due to the addition of Pocket & Beyond the Book might justify a jump instead of just 2.9.x. I guess we'll see later this week or next week.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote