View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
The edition I have (Barnes and Noble Classics) has footnotes for any word or expression that would trip up a modern reader. I find them very convenient. Obviously this version is not meant for Kindle (and I have no idea how footnotes survive a conversion?) but there is probably something equivalent for Kindle.

eP
Barnes & Nobles has apparently started selling their Classics Editions on places other than the nook store, so you can now get them from Sony and for the Kindle. I don't know if all of them are available on Kindle or not. Freading also has them if your library offers that, but it's only in epub format.

Also, on my Sony Reader, the footnotes in the B&N Classics Edition of The Wizard of Oz are hyperlinked both ways (selecting the footnote will take you to the list of footnotes/endnotes, then selecting the number again will take you back to the text) although the Sony handles position history natively.

Last edited by hwlester; 02-28-2013 at 08:59 PM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote