Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #1202
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
EDIT:
@NullNix: The files on /mnt/us/opt/jbpatch/ always take precedence over the ones in /var/local/jbpatch. So because you performed a manual sync, you're now essentially stuck with the version that's on /mnt/us. Currently working on a fix which actually considers filetimes correctly.
Oh dear! That's quite unexpected I only did the sync because I was trying to make jbpatch respect its own settings (I discovered the need for a framework restart upon reading the wiki page for a second time: serves me right for reading it for the first time a whole month before installing jbpatch, long enough to forget half of it!)

Your fix appears to work. Sterling job, thank you!

(Now all we need is a hack involving heavy use of ptrace() and/or ELF symbol interposition to provide JBPatch-like functionality to the AZW3 reader!! :P

... though that reader seems so much worse than the Java reader used for MOBI that even though it's time-consuming I'm tempted to do a mass conversion of all my AZW3 stuff to MOBI just to avoid it. Couldn't they at least have tried to make the fonts come out at the same size and line spacing in both readers? As it is I have to fiddle with fonts every time I switch between formats... bah.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote