View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #10
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Nevertheless, I am comparing the reading experience of these two and what they are capable of doing, and regarding my personal preferences for these two reading experiences.

It seems to me that if ePub must be compromized to enjoy the reading experience, then the reading experience -- overall - is compromized. How's that for a tautology!

Don
The reading experience is mostly on the reading system side here, not the format. As a format, ePub is capable of providing a better experience than LRF with full support for CSS (better presentation), SVG (to display illustrations that can "reflow"), a real TOC (multiple levels of entries) and a very flexible framework (ePub is fairly easy to extend through OPF).

DE and ePub compliant reading system in general are still in a very early stage and none of the current one fully support ePub (there's still a few CSS elements missing in DE for example).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote