View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyrie View Post
I have two questions about a save template I am using.

The template is:
{#read}/{author_sort:re(&.*,)}/{series}/{series} {series_index:0>3s| | - }{title}/{title}

and it seems to be working fairly well. But when author has initials for a first name, e.g., J.K. Rowling then the path name becomes Rowling, J.K_ as opposed to Rowling, J.K.

Is there anyway to fix that?
No. Periods are not allowed at the end of a file name.
Quote:

Question the second...
Am I going to run into major issues with having periods and commas in my path? I am mainly using this on PC and an iPad. If so, is there a way to make it "LAST First" instead of "Last, First" and remove the periods but only when I save to disk?
Ignoring the uppercase LAST, you can remove the commas the same way you are removing the additional authors.
Code:
{#read}/{author_sort:re(\,|&.*,)}/{series}/{series} {series_index:0>3s|  | - }{title}/{title}
If you really want "LAST First" you will need a much more complicated template that uses general program mode. You would first remove the additional authors, then split the remaining author into two parts around the comma, then uppercase the first part, then recombine the two parts together. The final step would be to insert the computed author name into the right spot in the rest of the template. This isn't a trivial process.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote