View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Blank lines & top margins

I have achieved quite nice-looking ePub. But when I converted it to old mobi (with Calibre), all the 'margin-top: X em' were ignored.

Now, I was not very surprised, 'cause I am fairly sure that's normal behavior. BUT - before I changed top margin to 1em, it was something like 9 or 19em with the result that there was huge empty space before every chapter and in addition chapter heading and some first lines were missing (on my small screen, on PC they barely fit). So, 'margin-top: 19 em' wasn't ignored. Why?

So far the only way I know how to get empty line in the text is <br /> (or <div></div>, but I'm not yet comfortable with divs).
Is there any other method?

Top margin 35% works nicely in ePub, but mobi ignores it. What can I do to move dedication lower on the page and still have nice ePub too?

Same for 'margin-top: 3 em' - I'd rather not use <br /><br /><br />, but at the moment it's the only solution I am sure will work.

TIA!
travger is offline   Reply With Quote