View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #13
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by moolyn View Post
It's the whole Beta vs HDS debate all over again, isn't it? Obviously you are considering all options, including waiting for the right device.

Anyway, I've been noticing that those who want a tablet that reads are less enthusiastic about the Vox than those who want an ereader with benefits.

or some semblance of the right device. As demonstrated by most people, price is a big thing. For the full sized tablet, the only reason I bought it was because I was able to get if for about $200 less than in stores off ebay.

But as you say, those who were buying the Vox primarily as a tablet, then yes, they most likely will be disappointed. As an e-reader with a some extra's, it's actually not that bad, which is how I was looking at; because of how much She uses her kobo, I wanted her to have a good e-reader that she could have for the other things she wanted to do with it.

As another "But" I'll also say that Kobo could have done so much better. I think, and this is only an assumption, is that with the release of the Nook tablet, both Kobo and Amazon decided to do their own tablets, and Kobo decided to match more or less nooks offerings, figuring Amazon would do the same. They then got caught off guard by the specs announced for the kindle fire and decided to launch early to try and take some of their sales, which is why we never heard any announcement about the device until shortly before the launch.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote