View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've said it several times before (though not recently, so now is probably a good time to repeat it): if you have something that works for you, and you don't see any benefit in changing to something else, then, by all means, stick with what you got!

Just 'cause there's something new out there doesn't mean that all the "old" things have to be abandoned. Sometimes the old ways are best. Certainly they're going to be better in specific circumstances.

Someday, I expect we'll look back upon these lowly readers that are the current "leading edge" and shake our heads that anyone could ever use something so primitive (rather like we do now with say, TRS80s), but I can tell you that my PRS500 fits about 90~95% of my own needs, so I'll be a long time upgrading, unless something big happens like I trash it, or something comes along that hits all of that last 5~10%.

If your needs are filled by something even easier and less expensive to get hold of, then I join you in being happy that you've got what works for you. More power to you.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote