View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Nook STR Not supporting eReader PDB files?

So I just pre-orded the new Nook. After placing my order I decided to look at the specs. I noticed that under the support formats eReader PDB is not listed. B&N is saying it only supports EPUB and PDF.

I've sent the following email to B&N asking for clarification about B&N sold eReader PDB files.

Quote:
The new Nook STR has EPUB and PDF listed as the only supported ebook formats. How will I be able to read eReader PDB formatted books distributed by you on this device? Just the other day I purchased Toll the Hounds by Steven Erikson and received this book as an eReader PDB file. Will I not be able to read large parts (including this title) of the B&N sold books on the new Nook?
My main concern is B&N is still selling titles in the eReader PDB format and I would like to actually be able to read books I buy from B&N on the device. I'm still ending up with about half the books I buy being in this format. I do only download to my computer and not directly to a Nook if that makes a difference. Anyone have ideas, thoughts, know anything about this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote