View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Joe Minton
eReader
Joe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony 650, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, Nook: Touch/Glow/Color/Tablet
I own both the PRS-300, 600 & now the Touch 4G. There simply is no comparison; the Touch screen is, by far, sharper and clearer than any Sony reader, including the PRS- 650.

I went to a nearby Sony "Style" store and compared the new PRS-350 and 650 to my collection (PRS-300, 600 and Ipod Touch 4G). The 4G was clearly the best of the lot. Never mind its other superior capabilities, the Apple gadget is the best reader I have seen. Except ---

It is small and those with problems like my friend's macular degeneration cannot use it. It does not have a convenient dictionary, highlighting or anotation capabilities. Also, It does need a recharge after some hours instead of some days. One more thing: all the readers using the eink screen do better in direct sunlight. Still I prefer my new 4G to either of my PRS's in anything but direct sunlight, including bright north-sky shade.

I am a person driven by facts. I, previously, supported the Sony approach to ereaders and may still buy a 650. However, it is clear that the "touch 4G" is superior in every way but those referenced above.

Joe
Joe Minton is offline   Reply With Quote