View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #69
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefiriot View Post
How do you go about creating those ornaments by the way? I was thinking of hand-drawing some on my own (just the ornaments) and tossing them here since Zentangle patterns are amazing for this sort of thing. Problem is I haven't the slightest idea what would be needed to get them into a format/whatever is needed for them to be useful to cover makers......
I thought about drawing myself but I first wanted to test some pictures I took. Mostly I collected blossems and leaves and photographed them against white (so I could easily cut them out in pixlr). Some of them I glued on white paper to get them plain before I took the pictures. Then I will play with filters in pixlr and see what comes out of it.

My ornament on the blue leather cover I made in pixlr too. I made 1 layer black, put a 2. layer over it in white and used the cutting tools in pixlr to cut some of the white layer. Then I played with the deform options in pixlr.

The final ornament I put on the blue leather cover and played with the merge-functions. When I was happy I duplicated the layer again and again and set one by one where I wanted it to be. Though it were a little too much layers, changes were almost impossible because you couldn't find the layer you wanted to delete. And it was a little bit to much of work because I set them all from hand.

I could but the project up here (I think I still have it) if you want? I started to save some interim stages. Then you could see for yourself what I did.

Did you draw the picture by yourself? It's great! My question would be, what you want it to look like, then maybe I can help.

MiniMouse

Edit:
I'm new to this stuff too. We find out together, okay?
Maybe someone with more experience will join in and help out too...(only my expressed wish).
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote