View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #14
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
You may want to test your scripts before posting them. If you had done so, you'd have found out that they don't work, because had you actually executed kindlestrip.py you'd gotten the following syntax warning:

Code:
kindlestrip.py <infile> <outfile> <strippeddatafile>
<strippeddatafile> is optional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I am unsure why you need to backup to filename.new
I didn't backup the file to filename.new; filename.new is the stripped .mobi file, which obviously needs to be saved under a different file name.

EDIT: Apparently the <infile> <outfile> parameters can be identical. Since most command line utilities require different names for input and output files, I assumed that this was the case for this script also.

Last edited by Doitsu; 04-25-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote