View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #40
BWinmill
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I disagree. My main beef with Windows 8 is that they force a tablet UI on our desktops. I have a large monitor and I certainly can handle more than one open window at a time, something windows 8 apps do not support. As far as I am concerned, this iteration of windows is an abomination.
There is an easy fix for that: don't run Windows 8 UI software.

Existing Windows applications run the same way it always has, without the loss of features or a new UI paradigm being forced upon you. Developers are also free to develop conventional desktop software for Windows 8, so you can expect to see new software that runs in your desired UI.
BWinmill is offline   Reply With Quote