View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #37
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I do heavy word processing and formatting, so even a tablet with a keyboard won't do for me - the tablet keyboards I've seen are too small to be very usable for a touch typist.

If I traveled more, I can see that a tablet would be easier to carry than even my small netbook (and you don't have to take tablets out of the case and run them through TSA separately, like you do even small computers).

I talked to one person at the airport who had an iPad and had all sorts of business and presentation apps on hers - I guess you have to use some sort of adapter to hook it up to a computer projector though, since iPads don't have usb ports.

-Becca, who currently has 5 USB thumb drives on her desk, that she uses for various backups.
There are people who are always "showing off" that they are on the edge of the envelope and are willing to seemingly make clumsy tools work, for it is a prestige thing, but when no one is looking they might be cheating with a mouse and a real keyboard.

The only way to really tell is with a timed test and a big sample of people, OR you can trust your own experiences and those of people that do heavy work with computers every day.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote