Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #109
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
No. The system permanently checks for new or changed files in /mnt/us/opt/jbpatch and synchronizes them to /var/local. This is not really nice, I know, but it's the only solution I found to the problem that /mnt/us is not accessible when the Kindle is booted while plugged to a computer.

That is also the reason why the README says "if it's not working as expected right after installation, reboot again" (or so).
I do not know if it would help you, but my "universal" mntus.params payload handles the "usb drive not mounted" problem by mounting /mnt/us itself before calling RUNME.sh. Perhaps you can do something similar. It can be downloaded in the "select boot" thread (linked from the "simple debricking" sticky). Here is the portion of the script that calls RUNME.sh:
PHP Code:
mount -o rw,noatime,nodiratime,offset=8192 /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/us
[ -/mnt/us/RUNME.sh -! -/mnt/us/RUNME.done ] && (

touch /mnt/us/RUNME.done
  sh 
/mnt/us/RUNME.sh 2>&>/mnt/us/RUNME.out
)
umount -/mnt/us 
I see that I wrote that before I switched to using the double-bracket "[[" conditional intrinsic function in all my later scripts.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-24-2012 at 09:40 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote