View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #73
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Sound great, since I do not have much experience with Lua I tend to forget that you ported it. This would be great to show the strength of Lua (and inspire other people to write more apps/utilities :-).
Done ;-)

Uncompress the attached filed, copy the 3 .png files into <SD card>/Programs/_lua/share/pixmaps, the inbox-manager.lua file into <SD card>/Programs/_lua/scripts (fixed) and the .desktop file into <SD card>/Programs.

You'll need to create a new folder called "INBOX" at the root of your SD card.
Note that if your card is formatted as ext2 or ext3 you'll need "INBOX" to be uppercase as these file systems are case-sensitive.

Lua is quite powerful and easy enough if you know other languages, but I'm afraid there aren't many DR users with programming skills.
Take a look at this script, it's easy to understand.

Lua is easily embeded in C programs, so one of the ideas on my mind is to embed lua into ctb... and call some lua script as ctb extensions... well, too many ideas, no time...

Iņigo

PS: this script will be added to next release of lua bindings
Attached Files
File Type: gz INBOX-Manager.tar.gz (11.1 KB, 546 views)

Last edited by Iņigo; 01-23-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote