View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #63
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
After going through the requests in this post, I would say that most of them are implemented by now in a very satisfactory way through Mackx's hack of the rc3 update and his port of Xournal for instance. Of course for some (most?) users, that is probably a bit late. In addition, there is the for me crucial djvuplugin by luite and FBreader can read most of the other formats. Same thing on the DR800 with Iņigo's hacks and ports.
Oh, perfect!... where is our paycheck from IREX? Oh, better not to ask
Well, in fact it was Mackx who started all, he launched the first ideas I took to develop DR800+, and IREX people helped too.
Btw, I have some ideas for future versions of DR800+ but I have no free time these days, I'm spending all of it on developing an ebook manager ;-) </end_of_autopromotion>.

Quote:
[...]
Imagine being able to check mail on the train on the DR800 ...
Well, some time ago I was thinking on this, but I finally bought an android phone (a Nexus One if you are curious), much better screen type for internet use. I have to always carry a phone anyway.

A feature I miss is to be able to prepare some file on the computer (url, ebook, pdf file with RSS feeds...) and send it automatically to the DR by wireless, something like [1] and [2] for android phones or those popular internet-based storage services.

EDIT later: I also find lacking the way to manage new files on the DR.
Imagine the above scenary: I sync some new file to an INBOX folder on the DR, then I have a application in the DR which lets me to move to any folder on the SD card or create a Shortcut (this is the way I use to "mark" those files as "to-read-first").

What I do now is to send to a special folder on my computer that it's sync-ed manually (with rsync command) when I connnect the DR800 with USB.... but I need to connect with a cable...

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...a-sendtophone/
[2] https://chrome.google.com/extensions...fjbfekfjcgkhco

Except fot this (and a DR800 specific UDS program which could allow to customize completely the icons/actions) I find that the DR800 is still the best ereader out there.

Quote:
With usbnet and the terminal emulator ported, the often requested feature to be able to use the DR's as a wacom tablet for the PC also seems within reach.
There are previous similar work for the iLiad, I think it shouldn't be too dificult to translate it to DRxxx devices.

Iņigo

Last edited by Iņigo; 01-22-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote