View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 01:30 AM   #7
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@Trane If your book is an epub3 book, you might find this solution interesting.
Hmmm, I wonder how Accessible this kind of code would actually be.

I tested in Gitden Reader on Android:

Trying to click on the button made the page jump back or forward (since page turns are controlled by taps on the screen). The TOC was open after I navigated back, but it was a serious annoyance.

I tried to test TTS in Gitden, but it crashed.

Microsoft Edge was able to open/collapse the TOC fine, and the TTS was able to read it fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane View Post
@Tex - yes I used proper H1, etc headings throughout and it goes as deep as H5 in places. The TOC displays beautifully, it's just that it's very long and I expected e-readers to collapse it by default to H1 unless clicked on.
I'd be interested in seeing this TOC.

<h4> is usually pushing it, and once you hit <h5>, it's usually a sign the book can be organized/restructured in a better way.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote