View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupo6 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. yes i did select pdf as the preferred output in the one book i treid to open using my laptop. but it converted all the books in my library to pdf as i didnt uncheck the box that said to do so for only one book. thus in my calibre library, all the books are now in pdf format. will i need to reconvert them all back to mobi file? i tried with one book and it has both formats in the directory.
in my computer settings, the default app for opening the mobi file type is now pdf. i cant see how to change that back to the correct file type.
sorry if this seems a bit low tech but i am not so good at this. Thanks for your help
No re-conversion needed (normally)
Whe Calibre converts, it adds the format to 'the book', so you now have both.

When you connect different devices, the device driver has the ordered list of preferred (allowed) formats. If there IS an existing format that's on the list, it simply sends it. If there are none available, it converts to the preferred output(as set in behavior) using the preferred input list to determin which (if multiples) should be used as the conversions source.

NOTE: if you wish to FORCE a conversion, do a Manual Conversion (the convert icon), there you can pick both the IN and OUT formats
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote