Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #972
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I thought of this book again and thought I would check again. Anyone have any ideas?
I also read a similar book/short story around the late 80s/early 90s. It could be the same one. I just remember a group of people end up on an isolated (and lush?) planet and basically have to survive after being specially chosen for the purpose. I think that although they think they're rebuilding humanity it also ends up that they're in a 'game' and they're being hunted, but I'm not positive on that point. I'm not sure exactly how long it was or if it was YA or just regular sci-fi.

I think I asked here awhile ago and got this suggestion- Invitation to the Game by Monica Hughes. It could be the one I'm thinking of but I wouldn't know until I read it again.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote