View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #35137
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
How do you change the tuning on a Clavinova?
And, is there a way to cause octave notes to sound out sympathetically?

Stitchawl
With a few push buttons you can change the tuning and experience what music sounded like in the days before J.S. Bach and the well-tempered claviers.

As for making octave notes sound out sympathetically, I believe you need an acoustic for that. I've never heard of an electric that mimics that aspect of pianos, although it might be worth trying on a Rhodes since that uses tone bars rather than pure electronics to make the sound. You might get a little bit of induced ring; I don't know because I've never tried it. Fortunately I have a studio piano in the living room should I ever get a hankering to hear notes play by themselves.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote