View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
For the record, Plucker on my Palm TX searches Aquinas' Summa Theologiae, which is 4.5 mb of Plucker text (probably about 10-20mb of html, in hundreds of separate pages) in about 48 seconds. That's a bit slower than I would like, but usable. (On the other hand, searching through the complete Aquinas corpus in Latin is not usable, since that's 20 times bigger.)
If you have a link to the 4.5 MB file I'm sure someone with an iLiad will test it for you (I am holding out for the new big battery version). It is my understanding that FBReader reads the entire document into memory, so the important time may be how long it takes to open. I have never heard of anyone running out of memory when using FBReader, but a 80+ MB Plucker file might well do so.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote