View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 05:41 AM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My dictionary is kept in the CyBook's main memory, along with just a couple of other books. All my other books are on my SD Card, in sub-folders of the eBooks folder.

I have found that the CyBook won't recognise a dictionary if it's kept in a folder inside the eBooks folder.

Perhaps the CyBook scans all 'loose' books for dictionaries every time there a dictionary lookup, and Tompe has a lot of books in his eBooks folders that aren't in sub-folders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Now I'm really puzzled

How is it possible there is so much difference (6 seconds vs almost 20 seconds) between the lookup times of two 'old' machines.
The only explanation I can come up with is the I/O time of reading from and writing to the SD-card. If Tommy's dictionary is on his SD-card and Paul's is on the main-memory I guess we have an answer, but otherwise ?????????
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote