View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #58
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
Try graphics audio they have great audio dramas. They advertise as movie for your mind.
I strongly agree about audiobooks from "GraphicAudio." I purchased the audiobook for the comic book series "Infinite Crisis" and found it an excellent listen. Although I have the story in comic book form and as a novel, I find the audiobook the best of all. This audiobook lives up to it being a "movie in your mind.

Although "Infinite Crisis" might seems a bit confusing as an audiobook due to the number of characters (and featuring two versions of the following characters: Superman, Wonder Woman, Superboy, and Lex Luthor), a combination of the large number of performers (more than 25) and the excellent performances by each makes for a very involving story.

I've been listening to audiobooks for years and have found them an excellent way to enjoy books, especially in circumstances where it's not practical to read the book. But a factor in how enjoyable they are is the person doing the narration.

As an example, I've been listening to the unabridged audiobook of "Atlas Shrugged" and the narrator (Scott Brick) does an excellent job of bringing the book to life. Despite it read by one person, he does a great job of giving each character in the book a distinctive voice.

Another excellent audiobook series is "Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events." Tim Curry does the narration on most of the audiobooks (Lemony Snicket does the narration on the other books) and he does an excellent job. Like with Scott Brick (see above), he does a great job of bringing the characters to life.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote