View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #140
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Good work! I guess I need to have a dig around in the Calibre internals to see how easy it is to get these offsets.
I will be releasing the code to my X-Ray program sometime soon if you want to check it out. It's a bit of a mess but it seems to work fairly well so far. Only thing holding it back, really, is error checking to make it a bit easier to use.

So far there have also been a couple books (about 2 of the 25 I tested) that refuse to take any X-Ray file and give the WG error code, meaning the GUID of the file does not match what the Kindle was expecting, despite using the format that all the scripts have been using (DatabaseName:uniqueid)...
If anyone knows how to check what GUID the device is actually looking for, help on that would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I shortened the book titles of the ones I was having trouble with, in Calibre, and re-converted them to mobi. The database name that mobi2mobi gives is no longer truncated and the X-Ray files for them seem to load now. Still not sure what it was looking for before, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaswistry View Post
I get an SX error for Steve Jobs.
That means the X-Ray file itself had something wrong with it for some reason. =(

Last edited by Ephemerality; 02-25-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote