Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Unfortunately, it's not. And it's more than one book.
That's what I thought you would say. The two next thoughts are to open then with Sigil and see it is shows errors. This will also rewrite the files if you save the. Alternatively, doing and epub-to-epub conversion in calibre will make changes to the files. It can also make formatting changes, but these can be turned off. Of course, both of these require the no DRM in the books.

Are there any similarities between the epubs? Things like size, number of chapters, source, author or anything else. The last few could indicate similar construction of the books which could give clues.
Quote:
I'd thought of that, but each test takes at least several days to get usable results. To be honest, I'm at the point where, short of a firmware downgrade, I'm ready to hand the issue back over to Kobo.
I can understand that. I don't have the patience to leave my Glo alone long enough to see this. But, I've been trying to think of a suitable book to load overnight. Then I just have to remember to check the battery level before reading on the train in the morning.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote