Thread: Stuck in a Rut!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #18
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Very general, I would firstly make a decision between the first and the last five books. Do you plan to read the first books at all? They sound a little bit like a duty and if you want to read them, then do it immediately. Otherwise they will always stay in your backhead and "torture" you.

From them I would propose "I town like Alice". I personally like "Persuasion" more but not only the discussion in the book club showed that some people are struggling through it, especially through the first half.

If you decide against them all then delete them from any list that they don't clutter your brain anymore and follow the good advice of the other posters here.
I already own and do plan to read all of them, eventually. The only one that feels like a "chore " at the moment is Persuasion. I think its because I already have an idea about how its going to end,
Spoiler:
Anne with Captain Wentworth and Sir Walter Elliot with Ms. Clay. I have no idea, however, as to what happens to Elizabeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Roger Zelazny's Amber Omnibus is my choice too.

I read them years ago, a book at a time, as I borrowed them from a friend. i wasn't really interested in reading them, but he kept telling me I would love them. I did.

I was so into the story a few times that I couldn't put the book down and go to sleep. I kept turning the light on again to just read a few more pages.

Then I bought the paperback omnibus a few years later and read it all again. I plan on rereading the omnibus again, but may have to get the digital version, as the paperback omnibus is so big and heavy.
It is quite huge and will definitely be staying home. The runner-up in this poll will most likely be my "away" read, unless its Cirque Du Freak,
which as a 3 book omnibus, is also quite large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As for Persuasion, if you didn't like it the first read, you'll not like it now. Besides, lfe it too short to spend reading something that's that boring.
I was actually enjoying it in the beginning.

Last edited by Nyssa; 01-31-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote