View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
nightmaster
nightmaster began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Q1 yes, to some degree. Kindle does not do ePUB.
Q1.1 Each reader has some quirks with regards to the specifications. Some have more than others. iBooks is known to ignore quite some specifications. Be advised, I am talking about v2 of the specification. Version 3 is just finalized, but there is only 1 physical reader that accepts this, at least some of it.
Q2 and Q2.1 This can be done with JavaScript in ePUB 3. As I said earlier, only 1 physical reader supports this at the moment. The extent of support is not yet clear.
Q3 This will be quite some work.
Q4 Best option will be an app.
Hi Toxaris, and thanks for the reply.

And surprise, now i got some replys and more questions

@ answer 1: I am glad that ePub V3 is able to do what i want, and at the same time being a free standard, and when the time comes to consider what to do about the Kindle, i hope that they also support ePub, as rumours has it that they will (see ePub rumor)

@ answer 1.1: is there any kind of list over the most compatible "parts" of the specifications of ePub version2 (so you can be pretty sure that the things you publish works on the most devices, like the ibooks you mentioned).

@ answer 3: okay, but is it something a newbie could do with some training, or does it require the experience of an expert. ( im just trying to gauge how much time and money the production will cost me, as an expert salery could make the product too expensive, and thereby killing the product idea.)

cheers,
Nightmaster
nightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote