View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:40 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Me neither. I thought the first book was ok, but the series declined as it went on.
The stories are fine, but the writing is nothing special.
To offer a contrary opinion, I thought that the series got better and better as it went on; the last book I thought was superb. I queued up at midnight at the local book shop for the last THREE books in the series. Great fun .

Quote:
Also, I do think that J. K. Rowling (like Richmal Crompton before her) demonstrates that women writers can't often write convincing young boy characters.
What did you find "unconvincing" about it? Seemed OK to me!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote